Mar 29, 2013 — Tips and Tricks
5 Tips To Avoid Wasting Your Student’s Time
Students often take online courses out of necessity, not because they want to. As a course provider you want to make sure you are giving the students the tools they need to complete the course successfully and quickly. Here are 5 tips to help you avoid wasting your student’s time.
- Minimize using links to other sites to keep the learner on track to complete the course. Excessive links to other sites can distract the student away from the course itself. If you are using a large amount of links, an online course may not be the best option for you, and a website could be a better solution.
- Select a LMS that is efficient for the student to use. Learning management systems (LMS) can be complex and can make it difficult for users to find their lessons. The DigitalChalk system has a simple user interface experience and a great learning environment for students of all kinds.
- Avoid an overload of information on the learner. Make sure each lesson has a single key objective. This keeps the student focused and does not distract or overwhelm them.
- Using videos can be a great asset. Make sure your LMS allows users to start and stop presentations and return where they left off. People’s attention spans are short and this allows students to have full control of their learning experience. Be sure to have key points that are obvious to the learner for review purposes.
- Avoid using excessive statistic and numerical data in video lessons. It is best to place this information in reference documents so the student can go back and access this information easily.
Are you looking for ways to have your students get more involved in your course? Create an interactive learning environment!
Questions? We’re here to help. Reach us at 877-321-2451 or go online today.