Jan 30, 2014 — Tips and Tricks
As Featured on Capterra: 5 Tips for Delivering Killer Online Training
You may have a great online training software for your course, but need help creating some interactive, relevant course material. With these 5 simple tips, you’ll be on your way to successful, effective online training in no time.
- Practice and prepare. Take plenty of time building your course content and putting it online, don’t rush. You can never prepare too much.
- Keep it relevant. Be sure the material taught in your course is up-to-date and relevant for the learner. Include plenty of real-world examples to help students apply the information.
- Engage your audience. It is important that your students engage throughout the entire course. Assessments, assignments, and file downloads can be helpful tools for engagement.
- Make goals for yourself and your students. Don’t just make a goal for yourself – make a goal for your students as well, and share with them via a course outline or syllabus.
- Keep your content fresh. Your material should be refreshed regularly with the latest events, research, ideas, and links. You can repurpose your old material, but make sure the content is still relevant with the time.
With these 5 tips for building effective online training, you and your students can become more successful. What tips do you have for building an online course?