Nov 14, 2013 — Online Training Software
Top 10 Pros for Online Training
There are many pros and cons for online training, whether you are an instructor or a student. These are the top 10 pros for online training:
- Greater flexibility for faculty and students. Your online training can be done in sections, to fit around your already busy schedule. Unlike traditional in-house training or public schools, you don’t have a structured schedule to dictate when you access your training content. Online training gives you full flexibility to accomplish your goals, on your own time
- Reach wider target markets. Online training allows for a much wider target audience, compared to a traditional brick and mortar classroom. Go online and watch your business grow!
- It is more environmentally friendly. Instead of commuting to your training class, go online! Reduce your carbon footprint by eliminating the commute. It’ll benefit you, your students, and the planet.
- Get immediate results and feedback. At the end of your online course, be sure to include a survey to gather your student feedback. It is important to know how you can improve your online training and what your student’s thought about your course. By having an online survey, quiz, or comments, you will receive the results immediately.
- Accommodate student learning preferences. Every student learns in his/her own unique way. Online training can be self-paced, accelerated if need be, or repeated for more thorough “sticky” learning.
- Offer new courses and expand current course offerings. Perhaps you don’t actually have the time to teach new “live” courses? Instead, you can easily whip up a new course to go online and not have to worry about when you are going to teach it.
- Reduce travel budgets and travel time. With online training you can spend time at home or work from anywhere! And not just the instructors have this benefit, your students can learn from anywhere, anytime too.
- Save time. Online training is ultimately a time-saver. Remember those days of commuting multiple times a week and spending hours of each day teaching your “live” course? Go online and you no longer have to!
- Replace or supplement “live” courses. If you are still teaching your “live” courses, you can always have an online module or additional online resources. If you’d like, you can put the entire course online and offer it “live” and online!
- Stay up-to-date easier. Have 24/7 access to your courses and easily upload your new material as needed. It’s easy to always have the most up-to-date course materials instead of those outdated textbooks and presentations.
What are your pros?
Questions? We’re here to help. Reach us at 877-321-2451 or go online today.