Jul 25, 2014 — For DigitalChalk Users
What Is A Webhook?
A webhook is a feature in web development that allows the user to create a callback that can be triggered by an event (for example, a student commenting on a course can be an event that triggers the callback). This callback would then notify you using a specified service with the desired information.
DigitalChalk offers 5 different webhooks:
- Offering registered event: Receive a webhook callback when a user is registered for an offering.
- Offering completed event: Receive a webhook callback when a user completes an offering.
- Element published event: Receive a webhook callback when an element is activated into a course.
- Element completed event: Receive a webhook callback when a user completes an element they are taking within a course.
- User created event: Receive a webhook callback when a user is created in the organization.
This feature is a more advanced developing tool that can be used within an organization – for more information on the development side you can click here to go to the developers page.