The main objective of this session is to provide basic guidelines for compliance with important federal employment laws. By the time this session is over, you should be able to recognize that your job is directly affected by a variety of important employment laws, identify the requirements of these laws, use your knowledge to assist in compliance, and interact fairly and correctly with employees.
Why “Employment Law for Supervisors: What:You Should and Shouldn’t Do” Matters
- There are many complex employment laws including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, The Americans with Disabilities Act, The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act, and The Family and Medical Leave Act just to name a few.
- Not complying with employment laws can lead to costly lawsuits and non-compliance fines.
- Always consider the requirements of employment laws and the organization’s policy when interacting with employees.
- The purpose of these laws and policies is to create a safe, fair, and productive workplace for all employees.
- And remember, you play a very important role in helping the organization comply with employment laws.
Duration: 29 minutes