The main objective of this session is to help you encourage employee input. By the time this session is over, you should be able to appreciate the benefits of employee input, stimulate employees to develop ideas and suggestions for improvement, use suggestion systems and other strategies for soliciting employee input effectively, and respond positively to employee input and provide appropriate feedback and recognition.
Why “Encouraging Employee Input” Matters
- Organizations grow and prosper when they encourage—and act upon—employee input.
- Your employees—the people who make the product, serve the customer, and perform all those other essential functions—often have valuable insights into ways to save money, improve our operations, and enhance our competitive advantage.
- Employees often have valuable ideas about how to improve the organization.
- Seeking and acting on employee input boosts morale and improves quality, productivity, customer service, and safety.
- Take advantage of every opportunity to encourage employee input.
- Finally, provide positive feedback and recognition for input.
Duration: 18 minutes