The main objective of this session is to help you be the best supervisor you can be. By the time the session is over, you should be able to identify key supervisory skills; manage employees effectively; promote superior employee performance; achieve goals and objectives; and project a competent, confident, and professional image.
Why “New Supervisors’ Guide to Effective Supervision” Matters
- For many new supervisors, one of the most difficult parts of assuming their new job is making the transition from being just one of the group to being the leader of the group, from being a buddy to a boss.
- Delegation, motivation, training, and the many other new responsibilities the come with supervision can be learned and improved.
- Making the transition from member of the group to leader of the group can be difficult.
- You need to develop a variety of new skills and build new relationships.
- Remember that your success depends on “growing” employees as well as on developing greater personal competence.
- With time, effort, and experience, you can become an outstanding supervisor.
Duration: 25 minutes