The objective of this training session is to explain your workers’ compensation program. At the end of the training session you will be able to recognize the purpose and benefits of workers’ compensation, complete reports and help workers file claims, maintain contact with employee on leave and ease their return to work, and help prevent workplace accidents and keep workers’ comp costs down.
Why “Workers’ Compensation: What Supervisors Need to Know” Matters
- Staying in touch can also help keep up the employee’s morale, encourage the employee to stick with the treatment program, demonstrate that the employee is expected back at work, and assure all employees that we care about their well-being.
- Regular inspections can detect hazards and give you the opportunity to take corrective action before anyone else is injured or becomes ill, reducing workers’ compensation cost.
- Report all injuries and illness promptly.
- Help workers file claims.
- Maintain contact with workers on leave.
- Help make the transition back to work.
- Help reduce claims and keep down costs by promoting safety and preventing accidents.
Duration: 21 minutes