The main objective of this session is to make you aware of security risks and what you can do to help prevent security breaches. By the time this session is over, you should be able to understand the company’s security policy and procedures, take personal security measures on the job and commuting to work, identify requirements for protecting computer networks and sensitive business information, and help prevent workplace theft.
Why “Workplace Security for Employees” Matters
- Nationwide, crimes against businesses are increasing. Companies have to be concerned about theft of equipment, inventory, trade secrets, computer information, and money.
- Workers also have to take steps to prevent other security risks such as arson, vandalism, and workplace violence.
- Feeling safe at work was ranked third among the top five priorities of job satisfaction by employees polled by the Society for Human Resource Management.
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act requires a safe workplace, and this includes security.
- Workplace security is a priority for us all.
- You play an important role in helping to keep the workplace safe and secure.
- Make sure you understand our security policy and procedures and do your part to support them.
- Take precautions to protect your personal security on the job and commuting to work.
Duration: 19 minutes