Active Shooter Onsite: What Every Employee Should Do
When it comes to workplace shootings there are measures you can take to not only limit the damage but also to save precious lives both before and during these traumatic incidents. Because most incidents are over within minutes, you need to be prepared to react to the situation with speed. During this session we’ll talk about how you, as an employee, should react to and prepare for an active shooter in your workplace.
Why “Active Shooter Onsite: What Every Employee Should Do” Matters
- Preparation is the best tool to keeping you safe along with potentially saving the lives of others.
- Knowing how to react can save your life and the lives of your co-workers.
- Knowing what to expect will help you assist law enforcement officials as they work to stop an active shooter and eliminate the threat.
- Active shooter events can happen anywhere, anytime.
- Active shooter incidents are becoming more frequent.
- All employees can help prevent and prepare for potential active shooter situations.
- Act quickly but try to remain calm. Being well-prepared will speed up your reaction time and keep your thoughts organized.
- Be prepared for the worst. Avoid the “it can never happen to me” mind-set when dealing with a potential active shooter. Think instead, “it CAN happen to me.”
- Know how to spot disturbing warning signs in an individual’s behavior, and don’t be afraid to report them. Always err on the side of caution.
Duration: 22 minutes