Conducting Effective Performance Appraisals
This online performance appraisal training course will help provide managers and supervisors with the basic tools you need to conduct effective performance appraisals. At the end of the training session, you will be able to identify the importance and benefits of performance appraisals, assess and prepare necessary documentation, set motivational performance goals, plan for effective appraisal interviews, conduct fair and beneficial appraisals, and avoid discrimination charges.
Why “Conducting Effective Performance Appraisals” Matters
- Every company will define recognizable accomplishments differently, but it’s important to have a reward system in place.
- Performance appraisals help guide employee progress. Effective performance appraisals continue to refine the initial job description of what is expected of employees as they learn new skills and gain experience.
- Improved performance is another benefit of effective job appraisals. Whether making good performance better or correcting poor performance, performance appraisals are an important step in identifying the situation and laying out the course for improvement.
- Performance appraisals can help boost morale to motivate employees through a recognized and defined reward system as well as provide documentation of performance issues, disciplinary actions, and written goals—all signed by the involved parties.
- You must conduct objective appraisals on a scheduled basis.
- Appraisals tell employees how they’re doing and how they can improve.
- And, appraisals help create a system of motivation and rewards based on performance.
Duration: 21 minutes