Equality Essentials: Making Sense of Equality in Practice
Equality means different things to different people and is sometimes confused with added business burdens and positive discrimination. Yet at its heart, equality is fundamentally about making sure that everyone has the same opportunities to achieve in life without being held back by factors such as their ethnicity, age or gender or whether they have a disability.
Combining thought-provoking drama with insight from leading equality and diversity experts, Equality Essentials enables your staff to gain quick insight into how to achieve good equality practice. It explains the law on equality and how to identify and respond to discrimination, harassment and bullying and provides guidance on creating an inclusive service and making equality a reality in your organization.
This course will give a better understanding of:
- what we mean by equality and diversity
- the basic provisions of the Equality Act 2010
- the key benefits of good equality practice in the workplace
- how to recognize and challenge inappropriate behavior at work
- how to provide an inclusive and accessible customer experience
- how to put equality policy into practice.
Duration: 60 minutes