Gender Matters: Creating a Gender Inclusive Workplace
‘Gender matters’ examines gender bias in the workplace and sets out the benefits of a gender-inclusive workplace for employers, employees and customers alike.
Developed in partnership with Acas and Melanie Allison of Embankment Associates and featuring contributions from diversity experts at KPMG, and the course sets out the processes and behaviors that are consistent with inclusion and equality and explains the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 with regard to gender equality. Using a combination of expert analysis and high-quality original drama, it teaches the skills necessary to work successfully as part of a gender-inclusive team and provides best-practice guidance for eliminating discrimination.
This course will give a better understanding of:
- employers’ and employees’ obligations under the Equality Act 2010
- real-life factors that support and inhibit gender balance at work
- how people’s needs differ depending on their gender
- gender bias in employment, including for people undertaking gender reassignment
- how to effectively build working relationships through organizational culture change
- the knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a diverse team.
Duration: 60 minutes