Interviewing Skills for Supervisors
This training presentation will explain how you can conduct more effective interviews. At the end of the training session, you will be able to recognize legal and policy issues related to interviewing, identify styles and types of interviews, plan an effective interview strategy, develop good interview questions, conduct successful interviews, and take precautions to prevent discrimination.
Why “Interviewing Skills for Supervisors” Matters
- Interviews give you an opportunity to meet job candidates face to face.
- They help you assess candidates’ strengths, weaknesses, and suitability for the job.
- And, they provide you with the information you need for making the best hiring decisions.
- State and federal fair employment laws prohibit discrimination in hiring based on any protected characteristic, including race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, or disability. The laws apply to all job interviews.
- This organization is fully committed to equal employment opportunity, or EEO. Our EEO policy prohibits discrimination in the hiring process, including in job interviews.
- Interviews are an essential part of the hiring process.
- You need to be a skilled interviewer.
- You must be able to plan, conduct, and evaluate interviews with job candidates.
- Avoid potentially discriminatory questions and judgments. If you are unsure whether something is discriminatory, ask your HR representative.
Duration: 24 minutes