Maternity & Paternity: The Management Guide
There are few more important moments in a person’s life than becoming a parent – and as an employer, you have an important role in supporting them on their journey. The process starts from the moment you are informed of a pregnancy and continues far beyond your employee’s return to work – and the investment you make in effective communication and planning will be extremely important for the employee’s well-being and commitment to return.
Employee maternity and paternity will also impact on your other employees and the organization as a whole, so the effective management of any transitions and changes will be important for the smooth operation of your business.
Developed in partnership with My Family Care and combining key learnings with thought-provoking drama and insight from the experts, this course provides a comprehensive toolkit for managing parents-to-be and new parents in the workplace.
This course will give a better understanding of:
- the law regarding maternity and paternity
- the business and societal factors that demand best practice when managing maternity and paternity
- how to develop your awareness of the issues surrounding maternity and paternity
- how to manage maternity and paternity transitions effectively
- how to apply a simple and effective framework to underpin and support planning, communication and negotiations.
Duration: 140 minutes