The main objective of this session is to discuss office hazards and the safety precautions you need to take to prevent accidents and injuries. By the time this session is over, you should be able to: recognize office hazards, know what to do in emergencies; take proper precautions to avoid accidents; reduce ergonomic risk factors; use proper lifting techniques; and manage stress effectively.
Why “Office Hazards” Matters
When you think about job safety and hazards in the workplace, you probably think abut industrial work environments, not an office like the one you work in. But the fact is that offices have many of the same hazards as other work environments, and a surprising number of accidents and injuries occur in offices. That’s why you need to be aware of the hazards in your office and understand the precautions you need to take every day to keep safe at work.
- Offices have more hazards than most people think.
- Keep alert to hazards and take precautions to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Know how to respond to emergencies.
- Reduce exposure to ergonomic risk factors.
- Always lift safely.
- Recognize symptoms of stress and take steps to manage it effectively.
Duration: 25 minutes