Race: Creating an Inclusive Workplace
Discrimination on the grounds of race against employees, job seekers or trainees is illegal under the Equality Act 2010.
Challenging our perceptions of race and understanding the benefits of an ethnically and culturally diverse workforce are key to tackling racial inequality in the workplace and creating equality of opportunity. Developed in partnership with Cymbiosis, this course combines original drama with insight from leading equality and diversity experts and legal analysis to provide an essential toolkit for eliminating discrimination in the workplace and building a fairer and more inclusive working environment.
This course will give a better understanding of:
- the requirements of the Equality Act 2010
- why race and culture are key issues within the workplace
- the importance of appropriate behavior in creating an inclusive workplace
- the importance of equality of opportunity and how honest, objective appraisals can help support this
- the main barriers to career development for many minority or ethnic groups
- the knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a diverse team.
Duration: 90 minutes