Religion & Belief: Respecting and Accommodating Faith & Belief
Enabling people of different beliefs to work together in harmony is essential for any organization that wants to get the best from all of its employees and cater to a diverse client base.
The Equality Act 2010 makes it illegal to discriminate against employees, job seekers or trainees on the grounds of religion or belief, or lack thereof. With the UK enjoying greater religious diversity than any other country in the European Union, the challenge of enabling different beliefs to work together is a particularly important one. Developed in partnership with FaithWise, this course provides guidance on best practice and emphasizes the value of a religiously diverse and inclusive workplace.
This course will give a better understanding of:
- employers’ and employees’ obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and certain behaviors that might be unlawful
- the variety of religions and beliefs in the UK today
- the benefits of having a religiously diverse workforce
- the right of employees with no religion to be respected and treated no less favorably than their religious colleagues
- the knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a diverse team.
Duration: 60 minutes