Training the Trainer: Effective Techniques for Dynamic Training
For a highly mobile workforce, when many people are inexperienced at their jobs in their current careers, effective training is essential. Becoming a proficient trainer requires practice, organization, a clear sense of purpose, and an understanding of how to engage trainees in ways that will help them learn.
Why “Training the Trainer: Effective Techniques for Dynamic Training” Matters
- Effective training of employees is essential in today’s workplace. Few people come to a job knowing exactly how to do it in a safe and responsible manner. Today’s workforce is notably mobile–most workers change not only jobs, but careers several times during their working years.
- We also live in a time of technological advances and rapid changes in the regulatory environment.
- Employers face challenges in cultivating and developing employees for the long term.
- For all these reasons, effective training is more important than ever. But trainers themselves need to be trained, to increase their effectiveness and their comfort level with the job.
- Identify training objectives,
- Understand the elements of adult learning,
- Develop effective training sessions, and
- Foster a culture of continued learning.
Duration: 30 minutes