Working with the Bribery Act
The Bribery Act 2010 introduced a number of new offenses and imposed penalties on both organizations and individuals found to be engaging in acts of bribery. The Act also places strict liability on companies for failing to prevent bribery and makes it possible to prosecute companies with a UK presence anywhere in the world that they do business.
All organizations are at risk of bribery, regardless of their size, line of business or where they operate. With contributions from leading UK experts on the Act and its implications, this course provides a comprehensive overview of the Bribery Act, the risks of unethical behavior for individuals and their employers and what organizations need to do to comply with the law.
This course will give a better understanding of:
- the different forms that bribery can take
- why and where bribery occurs
- who is at risk from bribery
- the new offenses and penalties introduced by the Act
- how to spot signs that bribery might be occurring in an organization
- what the Act says about gifts and hospitality
- steps that organizations can take to prevent bribery
- how to report bribery to the authorities.
Duration: 60 minutes