Don’t get carried away with the impressive sales pitch while selecting a learning management system (LMS) for your organization. You don’t have to go with a system that has worked well for someone. You must do your due diligence to find the LMS that meets your organization’s specific learning and training needs. In your evaluation process, assess the level of support and training the LMS vendor provides beforehand.
Here are the six key factors to consider when choosing an LMS for your organization.
- Determine your goals and needs: Identify the specific learning and training objectives you want to achieve with an LMS. Consider factors such as the types of courses you want to offer, the size of your learner audience, and any specific features or integrations you may need.
- Research different options: Look at a variety of LMS options and compare their features and functionality to determine which ones align best with your goals and needs. Consider factors such as ease of use, customization options, integrations with other tools and systems, and pricing.
- Consider your budget: Determine how much you are willing to spend on an LMS. Keep in mind that more expensive options may offer more features and functionalities but may not necessarily be the best fit for your organization.
- Demo the LMS: Schedule demos or trial periods with the LMS vendors you are considering. This will give you a chance to see the LMS in action and get a feel for how it works.
- Get feedback from stakeholders: Involve key stakeholders in the decision-making process, such as your learning and development team, IT team, and any subject matter experts who will be using the LMS. Their input can help you make an informed decision.
- Review vendor support: Consider the level of support and training provided by the LMS vendor. Make sure they offer the resources and assistance you need to ensure a smooth implementation and adoption of the LMS.
How can DigitalChalk help?
DigitalChalk offers a full-featured LMS that is top-rated by analysts and loved by our customers. Our technology powers employee and customer learning, and enables training companies and associations to drive profitable growth.
Since our founding in 2007, we have worked with over one thousand organizations that offer continuing education and certification programs required by professionals and tradespeople. Working in the trenches with our customers, we understand their business and what they need from their LMS partner. Our system has been enhanced and refined to meet and exceed their needs. This includes simple course authoring, turnkey ecommerce to generate revenue immediately, an outstanding learner experience, and powerful reporting required by certifying bodies.