There are countless organizations that offer continuing education courses, testing, and certifications. And while they all do things a little differently to separate themselves from the competition, they have quite a few challenges in common. What would you imagine is their chief concern or challenge?
Sciolytix recently conducted the industry’s first benchmarking survey, which delved into everything from sales and marketing best practices and challenges to budgeting, delivery, and everything in between. Not only did this survey help us inform and guide these companies, but it gave us a behind-the-scenes look at what goes on in their world.
We have already shared several insights from this survey, and we plan to share some more, all of which will help answer some pretty significant questions. These include but are not limited to:
1. How continuing education has been impacted over the past 18 months.
2. If continuing education providers transitioned from in-person to online (or hybrid) business models for delivery.
3. If continuing education budgets and investments are shrinking, growing, or staying the same.
4. If there are any prevalent trends, challenges, and attitudes.
This post briefly dives into how our respondents answered the following question: What are your business challenges?
Winning new customers!
Overall, 46% of respondents named winning new customers as their primary challenge. The next closest concern is creating and updating courses (38%) and enhancing learner engagement and satisfaction (37%). Interestingly, transitioning from live to remote delivery due to COVID-19 concerns came in fourth at 26%.
Why is winning new customers in the continuing education industry so challenging? There are a few possibilities:
1. Marketing and lead generation efforts are being targeted at a niche (highly unique) market.
2. Companies are delivering course content from a learning management system with subpar marketing and selling tools.
DigitalChalk can improve your CE course development and drive new customers!
Online course development is more important than ever. At Sciolytix, we’ve created DigitalChalk so that it can be the best LMS on the market. Instead of using a hodgepodge of LMS tools, our clients have one dedicated system that fills gaps in their training. The bottom line is that we thoroughly understand your industry, and our suite of eCommerce tools makes selling your courses and reaching the right audience easier than ever.
In today’s training world, you have to have your finger on the pulse of where the competition is going and what your clients’ needs are. Please download the full survey report here.