With the evolving technology and newer available options in the market, it’s natural for organizations to consider more contemporary and better Learning Management System (LMS) options.
However, the migration process can be daunting as it involves moving all the content, learning records, and performance data from one system to another, ensuring minimal disruption to the learning experience of all users. That doesn’t mean you must remain stuck with ancient systems or those you may not be 100% satisfied with.
Let’s look at the key factors to consider before making a switch to a new LMS. Consider the following six steps to ensure a smooth migration.
- Identify your needs and goals for the new LMS: This will help you determine which LMS best fits your organization.
- Research and compare LMS options: Look at the features and capabilities of different LMSs, and consider factors such as price, ease of use, and integration with other tools you use.
- Communicate the change to your stakeholders: Let your learners and instructors know about the change and provide them with resources and support to help them adapt to the new system.
- Develop a plan for migrating content and data: Make sure to back up and export your existing course materials and data before moving to the new LMS.
- Test the new LMS: Set up a test environment and try out the new LMS to ensure everything is working as expected before fully deploying it.
- Provide ongoing support and training: Ensure your learners and instructors have access to resources and support to help them get the most out of the new LMS.
How can DigitalChalk help?
DigitalChalk offers a full-featured LMS that is top-rated by analysts and loved by our customers. Our technology powers employee and customer learning, and enables training companies and associations to drive profitable growth.
Since our founding in 2007, we have worked with over one thousand organizations that offer continuing education and certification programs required by professionals and tradespeople. Working in the trenches with our customers, we understand their business and what they need from their LMS partner. Our system has been enhanced and refined to meet and exceed their needs. This includes simple course authoring, turnkey ecommerce to generate revenue immediately, an outstanding learner experience, and powerful reporting required by certifying bodies.