*We have partnered up with Capterra to share a few tips for marketing your online courses.
When it comes to being a successful online instructor, sometimes the hardest thing can be learning how to market your courses. What is marketing and how do you get started?
Marketing is the action of promoting and selling products or services – or in this case, your online courses. Marketing is a key factor in growing your business successfully. These are a few best practices for marketing your online courses.
- Email marketing is a great way to reach your customers without spending a lot of money. Make it easy for your readers to subscribe by placing a signup form on your blog, Facebook page, or homepage.
- Blogging is the number one tool for producing content for the web (and for Google). Just be sure to write about key topics that are valuable to your readers.
- Social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+ can all help in reaching your target market. When you launch a blog post or a new course, share the link on your social media profiles.
- SEO/SEM marketing can be tricky. This includes the use of select keywords or phrases that your target market search for to find your website, whether the results are shown in the “organic” section of Google, or the “paid-ads” section.
- Release calendars are one of the most important aspects to marketing. You want to be sure you can send out email blasts, post your blogs and articles, and interact through social media consistently.
These are 5 best practices for marketing your online courses and growing your online success.
*Check out how we partnered with Capterra to share these great tips and see our full guest post here.