Another content delivery skill that course providers need to have is bundling. Put shortly, bundling involves putting multiple offerings into one single bundle, as the name suggests. This feature enables multi-course registration in a single checkout, which is a good idea if you’re a content provider and selling your courses online.
Students usually don’t buy individual courses in a vacuum. They often purchase multiple courses for their training solution. This is probably the case if the client you’re selling your courses to is a company searching for extensive employee training. Since very few content packages exhaust everything a student needs to learn in a single learning activity, you’re likely to have created a series of courses on a particular topic, especially if successful completion of the course series results in any sort of professional certification. For example, OSHA certification requires that students take multiple courses to successfully complete their training. Learners would most likely want to buy the whole bundle at one time in that circumstance.
Also, bundles are a good business decision for the content provider because it gives you greater control over how students can purchase and register for your courses. You can customize your registration options by offering individual courses, bundling them in a single package, or offering a mix of individual courses and bundles. You may want to set a price for individual courses and then offer a discounted rate on bundles. However you want to handle pricing and registration, bundling courses is an invaluable skill for content providers to learn.
Fortunately, creating a course bundle in DigitalChalk is just as simple as creating an offering. The process generally follows the same procedures but with one or two extra steps. To learn how to build a course bundle, follow these steps:
1. In your organization, click “Offerings” under the “Manage Courses” tab.
2. On the next screen, click the “Add Bundle” button.
3. Select the appropriate offerings to put in the bundle. You can choose as many offerings as you like for each bundle you create. Just type the name of the offering you’re looking for in the search bar. Click on it, and it’ll be added to your bundle. Repeat that process until you’ve added every offering you want to include in the bundle.
4. Click “Next.” You will be taken to the bundle settings page, which looks similar to the offering settings page that you may remember from the previous blog in this series.
5. Fill out the rest of the information the same way you would with a regular offering. Once you’ve finished, click “Save” on the “Registration” tab, and you’ll be finished.
You’re all done! If you’ve followed the blog series up until this point, you’re now equipped to create course content and prepare it for delivery. Now that you’ve done all that, you can sell your courses on DigitalChalk. Whether you want to sell your courses individually or in bundles, DigitalChalk provides the tools you need to grow your online business.