Why PowerPoint? It seems that everywhere you go in the eLearning world you run into PowerPoint. Most of the new authoring tools either use PPT as their base or offer the ability to import slides. Many of you are already using PowerPoint in the classroom, so why not repurpose that presentation for your online courses?
These are 15 benefits of using PowerPoint in eLearning:
- Everyone has PPT – It’s probably already on your computer.
- Add visuals with easy picture-editing tools.
- Embed and edit video files directly in your presentations.
- Quickly add or record audio and synch with your slides.
- Easily access your presentations from more locations and on more devices.
- Classroom training is often converted to an online format – why not continue to use those presentations from the classroom?
- Use slide sections to navigate, organize and print your presentation.
- View and edit multiple presentations individually, side by side or even on separate monitors.
- Everyone knows how to use it (and if they don’t, it’s easy to learn).
- Quickly create content with tons of layouts, backgrounds, and color themes.
- Export your presentations to a variety of formats.
- Organize and print your slides more effectively.
- Captivate your audience with new transitions and improved animations.
- Easily repurpose and edit your presentations, over and over.
- Get things done faster.