Corporate training is the investment that plays a significant role in your organization’s success by empowering employees with the knowledge and skills they need to perform in the roles. Nevertheless, organizations often wrestle with the universal challenges of ensuring long-term learning retention and translating training into tangible performance improvement.
Let’s explore some strategies you can use to help corporate training stick:
- Clearly define learning objectives: Make sure you have a clear understanding of the knowledge and skills you want learners to acquire and be able to apply after the training.
- Use interactive and engaging learning methods: Use interactive and engaging learning methods, such as simulations, case studies, and experiential learning, to help learners retain and apply the material.
- Encourage practice and application: Encourage learners to practice and apply what they have learned in their work environment to help reinforce the material.
- Provide ongoing support and resources: Provide ongoing support and resources, such as coaching and reference materials, to help learners retain and apply their new knowledge and skills.
- Evaluate and assess learning: Regularly assess and evaluate learning to identify any areas of weakness and provide targeted support to help learners retain and apply the material.
By following these strategies, you can increase the likelihood that corporate training will stick and be applied in the work environment.