Jan 2, 2014 // Marketing
Top 10 eLearning Statistics for 2013
The training industry has changed dramatically over the past ten years as eLearning and mobile technologies have gone from early-adopter novelties to mainstream essentials. Of course, there are still plenty of traditional companies who haven’t conformed to the rest of the corporate world. Looking forward, the eLearning industry doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon. These are 10 eye-opening eLearning statistics about the eLearning industry and how they may affect you.
- 77% of American Corporations use some form of online learning. (certifyme.net)
- Corporate training alone is a $200 billion industry. eLearning represents $56.2 billion of this, and will grow to $107 billion by 2015. (Global Industry Analysis)
- The US and Europe account for over 70% of the global eLearning industry. However, the fastest growing markets are Vietnam and Malaysia. (Certifyme.net)
- eLearning participants learn nearly 5X more material without increasing time spent training. (The Information Daily)
- eLearning can help companies boost productivity by 50%. Every $1 spent in eLearning results in $30 of productivity. (IBM)
- eLearning is proven to increase knowledge retention by 25% to 60%. (Certifyme.net)
- Main Business driver for eLearning: 85% of every dollar spent on classroom training is spent delivering it (instructor time, travel, etc). (Shift eLearning)
- Nearly 23% of all employees leave their job because there simply aren’t enough training or learning opportunities. However, companies who do offer eLearning and on-the-job training generate about 26% more revenue per employee. (Training Industry)
- By 2019 half of all college courses will be taught online. Currently, more than 4.6 million college students are taking at least one course online. (Certifyme.net)
- 10. Corporations save 50-70% when they replace instructor-based training with eLearning. (Certifyme.net)
We are anxious to see where the eLearning industry leads us in 2014 and what new opportunities are available to training companies.