Jun 23, 2014 — Tutorials
Let’s Create a Test Element: Part 1
One important aspect to most online courses and training is the test that ensures the information students are being presented with is really sticking with them. DigitalChalk’s e-learning platform has a test element that allows you, as a course administrator, to create dynamic tests that give you control over the following:
- How long students can take the test
- Shuffle questions as needed
- Allow students to review questions and answers before submitting their test attempt
- Different grading options, and much more…
Creating a test element
The main part of any test is the questions, with DigitalChalk you can choose between true/false questions and multiple choice questions. To begin creating a test you will want to:
- Go to the ‘Manage Courses’ tab.
- If you have already created a course, click on the course title and select ‘Manage Course Elements’.
- Select ‘Add a test element’ from the left menu and there will be some information for you to fill out, such as:
- Next step is to begin creating questions. You will do this by selecting ‘Questions’ from the sub-menu of the test element.
- You will be brought to a page where there will be an ‘Add True/False’ and ‘Add Multiple Choice’ option on the left side. For every question you will want to select one of these two options.
• Test title
• Is it to be required for students to take?
• Forward only
• Set a max test time for the test
• Number of questions to include in the test
• Passing test grade
• Require responses to the test questions
• Shuffle questions for every students test attempt
• Default max time per question
• Student gradebook – this will determine what the students will be able to review after completing the test.
Come back next week for part 2 on how to create a test element, we’ll be discussing the different settings and grading options for test elements.
Want to learn more about the DigitalChalk online training platform? Call us at 877-321-2451 opt.1 or request a live demo with a Product Specialist.