Oct 10, 2013 — Tips and Tricks
As Featured on Capterra: Creating an Interactive Learning Environment
How can you force your students to interact with your online course? These are 5 tips that will help you create an effective and interactive learning environment for your students.
- Content is king. First, be sure you have relevant subject matter. It is important that your course content is valuable and can apply outside of the classroom.
- Allow students to explore. A student is likely to be more interactive within a course that can be easily explored. If the student has a little freedom, they can enjoy the course at their own pace.
- Collect feedback. Interact with your students who have completed the course; they can let you know what kept (or lost) their attention throughout the course.
- Ask questions. Throughout your course you can always have pop-up questions for the student to answer before continuing to the next section, or have chapter quizzes or tests.
- Share resources and use hyperlinks. Instead of forcing all students to review information, allow them the freedom to seek out what they need. In addition, use hyperlinks within your presentations or documents to encourage interaction.
It is important to build a course that promotes an interactive learning environment. Interactivity helps your students to feel involved and accomplished when they complete your course.
Questions? We’re here to help. Reach us at 877-321-2451 or go online today.