Have you ever been curious as to how web-based training could affect your company’s overall training program? Web-based training can also be called eLearning because it is online learning content that allows unparalleled flexibility that cannot be seen with in-person training.
A few important facts about web-based training:
- Web-based training is ideal to deliver training to anyone, anywhere, at any time.
- Like eLearning, there are two types of learning for web-based training: synchronous and asynchronous.
- It is an extremely cost efficient solution.
- Traveling is not necessary to take part of the training.
- Students must be self-motivated and able to keep up with the required coursework on their own.
There are a variety of ways that you can deliver your web-based training. You may need to research in order to find the right learning management system that will allow you to deliver the training the way you want. A few examples of the ways that you can deliver your training are:
- Hyperlinks to important information
- Screencasts demonstrating certain aspects of the training
- Streaming audio and video recordings
- PowerPoint presentations
Web-based training can be useful for expanding your training content to a larger group of people and is an inexpensive option for companies. Just keep in mind that you will have to search for the learning management system that will have the elements you need to be able to present the training the way you want.