An LMS can be an invaluable tool for managing continuing education hours and certifications. By automating tracking, managing the certification process, providing a course catalog, and offering detailed reporting, an LMS can help ensure that learners stay up to date with the latest industry requirements and maintain their certifications over time.
Here are six ways you can use an LMS to support these efforts:
- Track course completions: Use the LMS to track which courses learners have completed and how many continuing education hours they have earned.
- Set up alerts and notifications: Set up alerts and notifications to remind learners when they are approaching the expiration date of their certification or when they need to renew their continuing education hours.
- Generate reports: Use the LMS to generate reports that show which learners have completed the necessary courses and earned the required continuing education hours.
- Maintain records of certifications and continuing education hours: Use the LMS to store and maintain records of certifications and continuing education hours for each learner.
- Provide access to relevant courses: Make sure learners have access to the courses and training materials they need to meet their continuing education requirements.
- Use the LMS to manage certification renewals: Use the LMS to manage the certification renewal process, including tracking which learners are eligible for renewal and providing access to the necessary courses and materials.
How can DigitalChalk help?
DigitalChalk offers a full-featured LMS that is top-rated by analysts and loved by our customers. Our technology powers employee and customer learning, and enables training companies and associations to drive profitable growth.
Since our founding in 2007, we have worked with over one thousand organizations that offer continuing education and certification programs required by professionals and tradespeople. Working in the trenches with our customers, we understand their business and what they need from their LMS partner. Our system has been enhanced and refined to meet and exceed their needs. This includes simple course authoring, turnkey ecommerce to generate revenue immediately, an outstanding learner experience, and powerful reporting required by certifying bodies.