Your Zoom recordings can be a goldmine for learning content. You can record your team meetings, sales meetings, product demonstrations, and presentations to create video-based learning content to meet various training needs. For example, you can use your best-performing sales rep’s sales meeting and product demonstration as a case study or scenario-based learning to train your sales teams. Zoom recordings can help you create authentic learning content faster and cheaper.
However, you cannot ask learners to sit through hours of recording to learn on their own. You need to plan a training and development curriculum, use instructional design principles to define learning objectives and learning paths and use smart tools to make learning content purposefully engaging.
Consider these seven steps to turn Zoom recordings into engaging learning content:
- Edit and organize the recordings: Review the recordings and edit out any unnecessary or irrelevant sections. Organize the recordings into logical sections or chapters to make it easier for learners to follow along.
- Add multimedia elements: Enhance the recordings by adding multimedia elements, such as images, slides, and videos, to make the content more engaging and interactive.
- Use quizzes and assessments to reinforce learning: Include quizzes, assessments, and other interactive exercises to reinforce learning and test understanding.
- Incorporate discussion forums: Use discussion forums or other collaborative tools to encourage interaction and discussion among learners.
- Use gamification elements: Utilize gamification elements, such as points, badges, and leaderboards, to motivate and engage learners.
- Provide support and resources: Ensure learners have access to support and resources, such as course materials and additional readings, to help them get the most out of the learning experience.
- Test and iterate: Test and evaluate the effectiveness of the learning content and make any necessary adjustments to improve the learning experience.
How can DigitalChalk help?
DigitalChalk offers a full-featured LMS that is top-rated by analysts and loved by our customers. Our technology powers employee and customer learning, and enables training companies and associations to drive profitable growth.
Since our founding in 2007, we have worked with over one thousand organizations that offer continuing education and certification programs required by professionals and tradespeople. Working in the trenches with our customers, we understand their business and what they need from their LMS partner. Our system has been enhanced and refined to meet and exceed their needs. This includes simple course authoring, turnkey ecommerce to generate revenue immediately, an outstanding learner experience, and powerful reporting required by certifying bodies.