Dec 15, 2014 — For DigitalChalk Users, Tutorials
Back to Basics: How to Create an Offering
After you have spent time creating your online course with DigitalChalk, you may be wondering what do you need to do to make the course live and available to your students. Well, you have a few more steps and your online course will officially be live!
Let’s start the process of creating an offering:
- To begin, you will want to have a course created and all of the elements activated.
- Next, look to the right of course title – You should see a number (most likely a 0) and then ‘offerings’ next to the number. Click on ‘offerings’ and you will be taken to a new page.
- On this new page, you will see an ‘Add’ button, click on it and a new window will take you through the steps of creating an offering.
You will be able to setup the following information when creating your offering:
- Details: Title, Allow Students to Retake, Max Students, Enable comments (the comments feature will only be visible to Business and Enterprise accounts).
- Dates: If need be, you can set up dates for when the offering will be available for students to take and/or register for the course.
- Thumbnail image
- Registration: Here you will determine how student’s will pay for the course, either by using funds from your organization’s account balance to cover the delivery fee, or what price the student will be charged to register for the course. If an organization is Business or Enterprise they will see a ‘Catalog’ section at the bottom of this tab. This let’s you choose if you want the course to be visible to the students in the Catalog tab. Check out the 3 ways to register students here.
- Facilitators: Here you will be able to select who be able to have access to this course under the ‘Instructor Gradebook’ to monitor student progress. (This feature is only available to Enterprise account holders.)
Once you have created your offering you will be able to see it under your Catalog tab (unless you have put some catalog rules in place, or have chosen to exclude it from the catalog).
*Helpful hint: Keep in mind that you can create as many as offerings as you would like, even if it’s multiple for the same course.
Don’t forget to check out our knowledge base if you have other questions, or feel free to contact our support team at 877-321-2451 opt. 2 and email@example.com.
Want to learn more about the DigitalChalk e-learning platform? Call us at 877-321-2451 opt. 1 or request a live demo with a Product Specialist.